This blog is about travelling through Japan on a bicycle. Initially on a foldable bicycle (Brompton) and more recently mostly by road bike (Spezialized)... but also by train, ferry, plane, bus or any other transport, if sea, weather, mountains or the like come between me and my desire to ride.
I have tried to summarise information that could be potentially helpful also for other bicycle travellers through Japan, such as list of bicycle roads, helpful web pages etc.

Friday 6 March 2020

Ride to my hairdresser

Bicycle: 20.7 km
Route: Shinbashi - Shimokitazawa - Shinbashi
Total riding time: 1:33 h 
Total ascent: 179 m 
Average speed: 13.3 km/h
Weather: Dark, no rain, 8 C


Today I left work early (well earlier than the other days), fetched my bike and headed out to Shimokitazawa to my hairdresser. I know... having a hairdresser in Tokyo and at the other end of the city doesn't sound like the most convenient thing to do... but I have been going there since 5 years and no longer living in Tokyo isn't a good enough reason to give up this habit. 

After the cut, I considered going to a local pizzeria where I went often, but there was no free seat available. Probably people are going out more in their own neighborhood now, rather than going to Shinjuku or some other places where many people come together, to try to avoid Covid-19 infection.

So I rode back to my hotel. After Shibuya I took a little bit a wrong road, but it turned out to be actually quite good, because from Gaienmae I could then take small roads and the central graveyard to come back to Shinbashi. 


But yeah, I still need to find a good way to get from Shinbashi to Shibuya... but I now remember that for some NPC event I had found quite a good way... need to look up those strava files...

No comments:

Post a Comment