This blog is about travelling through Japan on a bicycle. Initially on a foldable bicycle (Brompton) and more recently mostly by road bike (Spezialized)... but also by train, ferry, plane, bus or any other transport, if sea, weather, mountains or the like come between me and my desire to ride.
I have tried to summarise information that could be potentially helpful also for other bicycle travellers through Japan, such as list of bicycle roads, helpful web pages etc.

Friday 14 February 2020

Back in Japan - 日本へ戻ってきた


Today I came back yet again to Japan, this time for 10 weeks!

I arrived in the morning, then spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon in the office reading a few emails and trying to stay awake until 15:00 time of checkin to my hotel in Shinbashi. I took a long siesta and around mid night (local time) made my way out again to fetch the bicycle that I had left in the office and all my household stuff.


It's already the 3rd time I stay in this hotel and again I got the same room as last time, which for a Japanese business hotel is a very convenient room: big cupboard, small kitchen, desk, washing machine and dryer and daily cleaning. Perfect!

Only there is no bicycle parking outside, so the brompton also stays in the room. But there is enough space for the two of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment