This blog is about travelling through Japan on a bicycle. Initially on a foldable bicycle (Brompton) and more recently mostly by road bike (Spezialized)... but also by train, ferry, plane, bus or any other transport, if sea, weather, mountains or the like come between me and my desire to ride.
I have tried to summarise information that could be potentially helpful also for other bicycle travellers through Japan, such as list of bicycle roads, helpful web pages etc.

Monday 30 March 2020

Spontaneous auto-repair

Bicycle: 13.7 km
Route: Shin-Osaka to Bicycle Repair shop
Total riding time: 1:06 h 
Total ascent: 60 m 
Average speed: 12.4 km/h
Weather: Cold, slight rain drops, 12 C


On Sunday on the last part of my ride downwards Yodogawa, something started to sound really bad in my bicycle. Like a small stone being inside the front wheel. I tried to see if I could understand where it is and how to remove it... but to no avail. As I want to ride this weekend again, I decided to bring it directly to a brompton repair shop to see if they could fix the problem. Only that about 3 km into the ride whatever it was that caused the sound, had popped out and the problem fixed itself. I anyway rode all the way to the shop, just in case they could understand what the problem might have been. Which well, they couldn't... fair enough, there was no longer a problem when I arrived at the shop. 

The only interesting thing to report about this ride, is that I came by a big shrine (which I didn't visit) in Tenma... which I will visit some day in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment