This blog is about travelling through Japan on a bicycle. Initially on a foldable bicycle (Brompton) and more recently mostly by road bike (Spezialized)... but also by train, ferry, plane, bus or any other transport, if sea, weather, mountains or the like come between me and my desire to ride.
I have tried to summarise information that could be potentially helpful also for other bicycle travellers through Japan, such as list of bicycle roads, helpful web pages etc.

Monday 29 January 2018

Cute Japan on the road 可愛いニッポン

This blog post is about the cute construction side road barriers that I have only seen in Japan

I am pretty sure out there is the world wide web are dedicated pages only to Japanese construction sites, but I took a few pictures of road barrier while riding and wanted to share them for being SOOOO cute. 

Unfortunately of the funniest of all I did not get a picture: A Hello Kitty themed fence that was being moved by a large construction worker. But I got in February 2019 an other Hello Kitty fence in a specially ugly construction side:



Here my selection:

Most are animal of some kind... 



 
 



But there are also some, very polite, humanly formed ones. 



Some that have sprung from the pages of a manga:


Or, very correctly, Fuji shaped road cones:


I feel that I took pictures only of a small proportion of Japanese road barriers. Once travelling by car through a very long construction side, there was an entire zoo lined up at the road. Deer, giraffe, monkeys, tigers, elephants, turtles... Sadly I didn't take a picture. 



No comments:

Post a Comment