This blog is about travelling through Japan on a bicycle. Initially on a foldable bicycle (Brompton) and more recently mostly by road bike (Spezialized)... but also by train, ferry, plane, bus or any other transport, if sea, weather, mountains or the like come between me and my desire to ride.
I have tried to summarise information that could be potentially helpful also for other bicycle travellers through Japan, such as list of bicycle roads, helpful web pages etc.

Tuesday 12 February 2019

Osaka - possible routes

Osaka wasn't on my original list of places to visit during my 2 months trip in 2017. However as I am spending often extended business trips in Osaka I have been researching the region more in detail and found some suggestions.

In and around Osaka

This rental place for more upscale bicycles apart from offering guided cycling tours also puts out the strava data of the rides they offer:  https://globalwheels-japan.com/

This bicycle shop (specialized among others in bromptons) seems also to organize monthly cycling events. https://bicitermini.com/xo_event_cat/event/ Although from their webpage it is not really clear to me how much cycling there is compared to the time spent eating. I guess I'll need to go and find out. 

Around Sakai

I haven't really planned any of this out, but when I went to Sakai the other day, I found some information on possible interesting cycling routes around, so this is simply a reminder, where to find those pages.
  • Access: Train or bicycle from Osaka 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for mentioning us at Globalwheels and glad that you can enjoy our Strava Routes. We are currently rebranding and have changed our name to Road Bike Rental Japan. To avoid any broken links in the future, the new URL is https://roadbikerentaljapan.com. We hope it helps! Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete