Osaka wasn't on my original list of places to visit during my 2 months trip in 2017. However as I am spending often extended business trips in Osaka I have been researching the region more in detail and found some suggestions.
In and around Osaka
This rental place for more upscale bicycles apart from offering guided cycling tours also puts out the strava data of the rides they offer: https://globalwheels-japan.com/
- Osaka - Lake Biwa: https://www.strava.com/routes/10347606
- Osaka - Nara: https://www.strava.com/routes/8717732
- Osaka - Minoh: https://www.strava.com/routes/11610963
- Osaka - Kyoto: https://www.strava.com/routes/11287184
- Hanami cycling road: https://www.strava.com/activities/2090561195
- Other cycling ideas around Osaka: https://globalwheels-japan.com/blogs/resources/one-day-rides-in-and-around-osaka
- Osaka - Naniwa cycling road: https://www.cyclesports.jp/courseguide/jitenshado/013/index
- Bampaku Kinen Park: https://www.cyclesports.jp/courseguide/jitenshado/007/index#
- This rental place for more upscale bicycles apart from offering guided cycling tours also puts out the strava data of the rides they offer: https://globalwheels-japan.com/
This bicycle shop (specialized among others in bromptons) seems also to organize monthly cycling events. https://bicitermini.com/xo_event_cat/event/ Although from their webpage it is not really clear to me how much cycling there is compared to the time spent eating. I guess I'll need to go and find out.
I haven't really planned any of this out, but when I went to Sakai the other day, I found some information on possible interesting cycling routes around, so this is simply a reminder, where to find those pages.
- Access: Train or bicycle from Osaka
- See on these web pages:
- Also the bicycle museum in Sakai organizes rides: http://www.bikemuse.jp/event/
- Sakai or Osaka